<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/18793364?origin\x3dhttp://ieniien.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
11月 2005  .  12月 2005  .  1月 2006  .  2月 2006  .  3月 2006  .  4月 2006  .  5月 2006  .  6月 2006  .  7月 2006  .  8月 2006  .  9月 2006  .  10月 2006  .  11月 2006  .  12月 2006  .  1月 2007  .  2月 2007  .  3月 2007  .  4月 2007  .  5月 2007  .  6月 2007  .  7月 2007  .  8月 2007  .  9月 2007  .  10月 2007  .  11月 2007  .  9月 2008  .  10月 2008  . 

火曜日, 4月 25, 2006

exotic foods and seven points.

I'm currently watching a travel show on Discovery Travel and Living. I don't know the title, but it's about the exotic foods that can be found in Asia. They have already showed Japan's exotic foods, and now they're featuring Thailand's. The exotic foods featured in the show are so exotic, I might not want to eat them. Like the lizard-infused sake, with the a real lizard put inside the glass. And the frog dish with the real dead frog lying down in the bowl; the frog what-nots are put over the frog itself. Stir fried bat. Beating frog heart... The most exotic food I've eaten is cow's tongue in gravy which, I might add, is really good. And all the while I thought I was eating a part of a cow, but not the tongue. It didn't cross my mind that I was eating a tongue! Nalaman ko lang nung tinanong ako ng tita ko, "Alam mo ba kung ano yung kinain mo?".

Durian also grows in the Philippines! Contrary to what those twins from MTV said that it only grows in Malaysia, Thailand, and Brunei. And through the "exotic" show from Travel and Living, I've learned that a durian falls to the ground when it's ripe, not harvested. The host said that it tastes like "rotten mushrooms". Haha!

I might consider eating exotic foods; just don't tell me beforehand what it is. =p

*******

point1: Summer vacation can be so boring.
point2: There are crazy people out there in the cyberspace who put senseless messages in your shoutbox and pose as the infamous "Anonymous".
point3: It's totally fine to believe in some wishy-goodluck-superstitions (like the wishbones) sometimes.
point4: All the pusakals outside our home have a blind eye.
point5: Jackie Rice can't cry. She only makes those scary "hu-hu" sounds.
point6: If the Chois are so desperate to get rid of Jang-Geum, they should have just food poisoned her when she was younger. Anyway, Jang was always tasting foods and spices and whatever.
point7: Westerners go to Asia whenever they want to try something exotic. Hmm.. Sabagay.



10:26 午前

cmment?